Monday, April 28, 2014

An (open) Love Letter to My Wife

It seems like forever ago but you could count it in weeks.  We'd been pondering whether all the "signs" were indeed pregnancy.  The doctors confirmed we were preggos.  And then we sat in the worship service about to "testify" that we had a joy.

You stood up and told everyone the news and started to cry, joyfully.  Then you sat down, clutched my arm, and had the biggest smile.

Then this happened.

I so love that about you.  That you're the kind of person that regularly cries tears of joy.

Some people out there have no idea that the same woman that cries tears of joy in public places is the same woman that puts on conferences for 100s of people.  Mingles with top researchers, doctors, heads of boards and such.  She's the same person that has basically reached the top of her profession.

I so love the fact that there is a person in the world that is so talented and driven but still cries in public.  I can't think of anyone else like that.

You should know that you're going to be a great mother.  You're already a great aunt, sister, daughter, friend, and wife.  Everyone loves you and talks so highly of you.  People envy you.  People look up to you and if they don't they still look to you when they need someone.

Seeing how you're taking care of the babies before they've even been born is so awesome.  I mean, who eats at such deliberately paced intervals in this chaotic life?  You do apparently!  And not only that, you've been doing so healthfully.

I'll never forget reading that evaluation I got from you when we first worked together.  (Thanks for finding a hard copy by the way.)  I'd probably received close to 1000 evaluations for different things over the years.  Never had there been one that provided the necessary information but also had such a personal tone.  You actually seemed to really know the people you were working with we'd sent you.  You knew their names and personalities and everything.

When you pray you pause at moments.  Its like I can hear the Spirit editing your prayers as you go.  You heart is laid bare on the altar for God to do whatever with.  You show more boldness in those moments than so many people with far more "right answers" or "righteous" lives.

So many times you've sat and listened to people talk about their elderly loved ones and you held their hand.  Everyone watching could tell that they were being encouraged.  Everyone that talked to them afterwards knew they were smarter for talking to you.

You've done that for so many others, the least of which is me.  When I've had my own moments of panic and depression you were patient when it was needed and you helped me focus when I needed it.  I can't help but think of our children going through valleys in their own lives and knowing there's at least one parent in our household that can walk it well with them.



I first noticed you because you're beautiful.  Then you were charming.  Then you were funny, intelligent, driven (You ran a freakin' marathon with pneumonia!), and committed.  You've been committed to this crazy life that you're crazy husband has dropped into your very deliberate life.

I still notice your beauty the first thing as I walk in the door.  You're still funny (usually :-)).  You're still smart.  You're still driven.

You're simply one of a kind and that's what I love about you and why, if I were to ever marry someone and have children it would have to be with you.

I love you kiddo.



Thoughts on Donald Sterling:  "Whatever is said in secret
will be shouted from rooftops."  -Jesus

Smacking Cheesecake #20:  Jenn likes "that" place.  Its her
only flaw

Why I blog #5:  An easy place to profess love



No comments:

Post a Comment