Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Little Things: "You Can't Cry Now"

So my good friend Cara Meredith asked if I'd write for her blog again.  That's still a pretty flattering thing.  Granted, its only a blog but if you stink then people surely won't want you back... unless its out of pity.  Let's hope that's not it.

After catching up on my be.mama.be reading I felt compelled to put to written words a story for the first time--the death of my father.  While I've talked about it oftentimes in conversations and even up front in front of an audience on occassion it was a different feeling altogether.  For the first time in a long time I got kind of teary-eyed writing about it. 

Please go check it out over here at this direct link:

http://carameredith.com/2014/04/29/the-little-things-you-cant-cry-now-jeff-shankle/

You may notice this post and link are later than the post on Cara's blog.  Well, after you write an "(open) love letter" to your wife am I really going to knock it down from the top slot that soon after?

Smacking Cheesecake #21:  The Cheesecake Factory uses eggs from chickens crammed into battery cages so small, each hen has less space than a sheet of paper to spend her entire life.

Possible baby names according to preschoolers:  Zee-yaa and Vivian

No comments:

Post a Comment